Thursday, March 4, 2010

March 4th

I'm breaking with tradition today.  I must tell you about our conversation my husband and I had with our two-year old.


We were driving down the road, on our way to the park, when I pointed out some geese.  (M = Mom, D = Dad, 2 = Two-year old)


M: Look honey, GEESE.
2: Geese?
M: Yeah, they are like big ducks!
2: ......oh.....
2: Big ducks?  ....oh.....   Dere are big ducks by da water?
D: No, they are geese.
2: Geese? .....oh....


This "OH" is said in such a way that got me and my husband laughing.  Its said in a soft, wispy tone, in her 2-year-old voice.

D:  Yes, the geese are by the water.
2:  The GEESE are by the WAAter?   .....oh....

Slightly further down the road, we pass a woman walking her big black dog.

D: See the big black dog?
2: Where?
D:  There!
2:  There's a b-b-big black d-d-dog back dere.
M: Yep!
2: ......oh.....
D:  That's hard to say, isn't it?
2: ..........oh.......

3 comments:

  1. That's adorable. I can totally hear her toddler voice coming through. Very cute.
    SAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so good that "2" is speaking in sentences. I love posts like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky: Yes, she amazes me every day with her language skills! :) We started her at 7 months using sign language, and never let a GRUNT earn her what she wanted!

    ReplyDelete