Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March 3rd

~7:30-8:00 AM

This is my least favorite part of the day, and its the same EVERY day, Monday through Friday.  It would be Reason #1 on Why I want to Work from Home.

Like I said, my daughter LOVES school.  What she doesn't always love is Mommy Leaving.  She is one of two moods: 1) I love school, I love you, and I'll see you later, or 2) I love school, I love you, and NO WAY ARE YOU LEAVING WITHOUT ME!!!!

The first time she was Mood 1, I was a bit sad that my little girl was growing up!  Now, I love it!  How I love the days that she's already playing by the time I'm walking out the door.  How I love her 'quick kiss & wave' good-bye, and 'I'll see you LATER!'

Mood 2 is never fun.  At 2 1/2, her tantrums can be very dramatic.  Tears, wailing, the 'reach of a thousand miles' as Ms. Adrienne holds her.  My heart breaks, but I know a quick exit is by far the best way.  Like taking of a bandaide.  The faster you do it, the *seemingly* less it hurts.  I stand outside the door to make sure she's calm, and usually within 10 seconds, she's over it.  I know: Drama Queen.

THEN, its a mad rush to get my lab open by 7:50 AM, while eager college students wait outside my door.  The drive from school to my building doesn't take long, as long as you don't get stuck behind a university vehicle or a golf cart.  Sometimes I think they just joy ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment