Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March 2nd

7:00 am - 7:30 AM

Ever tried to get a 2 year old in to the car?  You'd think it was a 2 mile hike.  However, those 10 steps from the living room to the garage is a challenge.

Its not that she doesn't want to go to 'school.'  There are just 100 way more interesting things to do/look at on the way to the car.  Her Kermit toy, her favorite baby doll named Pizza. 
Yes: Pizza.  We were at our local pizza joint when a nice older lady asked her, "What's your baby dolls name?"  After a dramatic pause, she says "Pizza!"  Well, I thought it was because we were in a pizza restaurant.  Nope.  Next day, it was still Pizza.  I look forward to telling her future husband that her first baby was named Pizza.

Once we've finally made it to the car, and she's buckled in tightly in the back seat, we head down the road.  We take turns listening to our favorite songs.  I listen to the news; she prefers 'The Frog Song' or 'The Hello Song' or, my favorite, 'Turkey in the Straw.'

If she wasn't hungry when we first left, she usually is now, so I have a fruit bar ready to pass back to her.  Its usually gone within 10 minutes before she's asking for a second one, which ends up half eaten, and half in the seat.  OH, the joys of a two year old!

This mornings ride was a bit more eventful than usual.  There's a part of my ride that's strewn with birds eating seeds on the sides of the road.  The loud sound of my diesel usually stirs them, and I unavoidably, and sadly, hit 2 of them this morning!  They really need to work 'look both ways before crossing the street!'

Before long, we are pulling in to the parking lot of school.

1 comment:

  1. I used to have stuffed animals named Exxon, Getty, and Chevron. Don't ask me why, but for some reason I was obsessed with gas stations when I was about two years old. My mother couldn't figure out why I named them that, but she went along with it (just like you, your daughter, and Pizza). Thanks for writing about something that triggered a memory from my childhood that made me smile.
    SAS

    ReplyDelete