Wednesday, March 10, 2010

March 10th

Trash Day: Dagnabit - I forgot to take my trash to the curb! I hate it when I do this, especially after I forgot last week too. Luckily, we're a low-trash family, but there's still some awful diapers and other un-niceties in there....

On with my post:

I'm in Education, and this morning, I'd been invited to participate in a Parent Panel with future teachers. The moderator asked 3 questions: 1)Whats the most important thing these guys need to know, 2) What is your pet-peeve, and 3) What is your #1 piece of advice.

Pretty heavy stuff for these sophomores. My answers were as follows:
1) Trust and connectivity. If I can't trust you as a teacher, then we've got problems. You need to love my child almost as much as I do.
2) Treating my child as if she's NOT an individual with opinions. Trust me: at 2 years old, she certainly has an opinion that should be respected, and she has a personality.
3) LOVE. And, treat your students as if they are your OWN children.

So, parents... what are YOUR answers?

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have bi-weekly trash pickup. We have it just once a week and there are many times I yearn to have them come again in a given week just b/c of the smell. Yuck.
    SAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today was our trash day as well. One week they pick up recyclables and the next garbage bags. So if you miss here you gotta wait two weeks for the next pick-up.

    I think your answers were right on the money.

    ReplyDelete