Sunday, March 7, 2010

March 7th

Sunday

Man, what a fantastic day! My family and I went to the zoo. We saw the usual parade of animals: big cats, elephants, giraffes, birds, etc... We also went on a train ride (as my two year old says: ChuggaChugga CHOO CHOO). We even got to pet Stingrays!

Then, lunch at a locally owned Chinese restaurant, and the outlet mall. Our mall is a bit sad, really. Even in its prime, nearly 1/3 of its spaces were vacant, and its 'food court' was all of 3 places. Now, over 1/2 of the spaces are vacant, and even at Christmas, you can park near the front. I'm not sure how the place has stayed in business, but I'm glad it has! :)

Then, a stop at "America's Smallest Church!' NO, really! It can seat 12 people, and is smaller than my dad's storage shed. Its a beautiful church, surrounded by south Georgia Pines, and a stone statue of Jesus in the front. We decided to walk around the back, just out of curiosity, and -sadly- someone had dumped 2 bags of trash that had clearly been investigated by raccoons. If my little one wasn't with me, I would have been able to clear it, but not wanting her to bring home every germ known to man, I decided my monetary donation would have to suffice!

No comments:

Post a Comment