Friday, March 12, 2010

March 12th

TGIF!! I love Fridays. I love Saturdays even more... I'm looking forward to a wonderful weekend!

On our way home from school yesterday, the sun had just begun to peek from behind the clouds, and as we neared a hill, I spotted a beautiful rainbow.

"Look sweetie, a Rainbow! Do you see it?"

'A rainbow?...'

"THERE, out in front..."

I could tell she couldn't see it, so -after pissing off the driver behind me for turning in to the turn lane so suddenly (he shouldn't have been so close!)- I pulled into the parking lot of our Fairgrounds.

I then rolled down her window, "See, over there..."

'oh! Its blue!... and lellow'

"Yes, it is, what other colors do you see?"

'WHITE!' (yep, white clouds were beside it)

We sat there for about 5 minutes, before heading home to tell Daddy all about it.

What a WONDERFUL moment!

4 comments:

  1. That is a nice moment, and I can remember something similar with one of my sons, and my saying "there.... it's there" and them saying "where? where?" until we were like Abbott and Costello, and I pulled over, and took him out of the car seat.
    "There!"
    "Oh."

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listen to 10,000 Manics song "These Are Days". It is the perfect music for your special moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the first time I saw a rainbow after a rain storm. It was absolutely beautiful and filled my soul with joy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't nature amazing at how it can cast the most beautiful things in our world? Great moment to share! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete